Pages

Friday, July 15, 2016

Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson Review

Started: July 11th | Ended: July 15th

"Tomorrow will be better. . . Then say it again tomorrow. Because it might be. You never know, right? At some point, tomorrow will be better."
-Unknown-

Title: Amy & Roger's Epic Detour
Author: Morgan Matson
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Contemporary
Length: 343 Pages
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 4/5
Goodreads Summary: Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.

Review: I told most people that it was good, but at the same time I could put this book down and I didn't need to know that ending. I fully enjoyed this novel more than I was honestly expecting. I read over half this book in one day. There characters were so easy to connect with. This summer read had me wanting to take a road trip which I did. The playlists, pictures, and recites where such a unique thing to put in the book as a whole. Some of the parts where harder for me to read, such as, when we went into Amy's thought process while logical for what she is going through, I often found myself scanning over it and then forcing myself to go back and actually read what she was thinking.

Besides the main characters, I loved all of the side characters as well, all these people they meet through out the trip and I love that Morgan Matson actually took the road trip that Amy and Roger did. I really enjoyed her writing style as a whole and I do see myself reaching for one of her book again. This novel has easily turned me into a Morgan Matson fan and even though I haven't read any of her other works yet, this is definitely one I would recommend first. I would not be surprised if later on down the road -see what I did there- I ended up picking this book again to read for a second time.

I hope this help you decided whether or not to pick this book up, but as always, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment