Pages

Friday, July 8, 2016

Percy Jackson: The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan Review

Started: June 21st | Ended: July 8th

"If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself"

-Sally Jackson-

Title: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Author: Rick Riordan
Genre: Young Adult, Adventure, Fiction
Length: 377 Pages
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 5/5
Goodreads Summary: Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse -Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he got to the summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea.

Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends -one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena -Percy sets out on a quest across the United Starts to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods.

Review: This book blew my expectations out of the water. I have had so many people tell me that I just had to read this book and how great it is, but I didn't imagine it to be that wow worthy. I was completely taken off guard by the writing. The characters where absolutely incredible and I loved growing on their adventure with them through this novel. It was witty and humor, while at the same time getting down to business. 

They monsters and powers where fun to read about and the attitude of the gods where a good laugh as well. I grabbed the second book off the shelf of the book store before I was even done with the first. I am hooked on this series without a doubt. It a great read and I recommend it to you guys.

On a side note, sorry it took so long for me to get another post up, but here it is. I have got some more coming. I hope you are all having a fantastic Friday and as always, see you all real soon and happy reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment