Pages

Monday, July 18, 2016

The Selection by Kiera Cass Review

Started: July 15th | Ended: July 18th



"True love is usually the inconvenient kind."
-America

Title: The Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Genre: Young Adult, Romance, Dystopia
Length: 327 Pages
Rating: ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 4.5/5 
Goodreads Summary: For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself - and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to the future she never imagined.

Review: First and for most, I am a very character driven reader. If I don't get into the characters of a novel it's difficult for me to keep reading. At first with the character Aspen... I like Aspen, but not enough for me to get invested into the trilogy. So, when his whole blow out happened I was overly please; however I went into this book fully aware of the Love Triangle. Now, I am a huge supporter of Love Triangles if they are done right, which this one is. As long as there is a logical reason for it, I'm now, throw in that Love Triangle.

The characters overall I really enjoyed. I also was intrigued with the story line. I'm not the biggest fan of these kinds of worlds, but it was done well and explain throughout the novel. The writing style flowed well and not once did I get tired of the inner thoughts of the main character. The whole novel was well passed and a lovely read. I had a hard time putting it out once it was in my hands... Well done Kiera Cass, well done.

**A post on Monday for you guys. I hope this help you guys in one way or another, whether it is to pick up or leave on the shelf is all up to you. Have an AMAZING Monday, and as always, happy reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment