Pages

Saturday, June 18, 2016

June Book Haul

    Hey readers, I thought I would share with you some of the novels I have recently acquired whether it be from the library, as gifts, or purchased. I am really excited to share these with you. They are not necessarily on my To Be Read list, but I will probably read them sooner than later. Okay, enough delays, on to the books.

    First, I'll start with my library books. Mainly because I am obsessed with my local library and now they have self-check out. I am in heaven you guys. It's great. I got:
  1. Shatter Me by Taherah Mafi.This story is about a girl named Juliette and when she touches people they die. I don't really know a lot about it, but truthfully it's all over BookTube and that's kind of why I checked it out. I just really wanted to see what all the talk was about.
  2. Fade by Lisa McMann. So, I picked this book up because I read the first one, which is Wake, and it was absolutely amazing. I loved it. Then I found out there was a second one and I was all over that.
  3. A Court of Thorn and Roses by Sarah J. Maas. This is another book all over BookTube. It's about this girl named Feyre how kills a wolf. I've heard it's kind of like a Beauty and the Beast re-telling which I am over the moon excited for because I love Beauty and the Beast.
    Then we have books that have been given to me this month which is quite a lot actually. I had some family move and they just left all their books behind, so they just made their way onto my book shelf. Anyways, here they are.
  1. Written in Red by Anne Bishop. This is the first book in a series of five so far. It's about this world where humans have just started to take the land, but there are all these other creatures about. It's part of a series called, The Others. It sounds very intriguing.
  2. Murder of Crows by Anne Bishop. Book two in the Other Series.
  3. Vision in Sliver by Anne Bishop. Book three in the Other Series.
  4. Ever After by Kim Harrison. I have absolutely no idea what this is about. I haven't even look at it yet.
  5. For a Few Demons More by Kim Harrison. The cover for this book is amazing and I am excited to read it, but again, I haven't even looked to see what it is about.
  6. Divergent by Veronica Roth. Most of you probably know this is the first book in the Divergent series which I previously read out of the library and honestly didn't really care for. I read the whole book because my friend was obsessed with it, but I really had no desire or need to read the other two novels in the trilogy.
  7. Insurgent by Veronica Roth. The second book in the Divergent trilogy. As I said up above, I never planned on reading this book, mainly because I didn't really care or get into the first novel, but now I own it so I will probably end up reading it as some point. However, I wouldn't put to much hope into it.
    Lastly, these are book that I have purchased myself. I went to Barnes and Nobles, I saw them and just had to buy them.... I've been told I need an intervention... It's a problem, but a problem I love.
  1. My Life With the Walter Boys by Ali Novak. Okay, so not only did I see this on BookTube (okay this is sad, I think I'm obsessed...) but I always knew that it was originally published on Wattpad and I'm on Wattpad, so I thought it would be really cool to pick up and read. I also did a review on the this story already, if you all want to check it out.
  2. Splintered by A.G. Howard. I am not going to lie, when I picked this book of from the story, the only reason I grabbed it was because the third in the series looked amazing. Then I picked up this one and not only was I interested in the story, but it's got references to Alice in Wonderland which I love. I am obsessed with the Mad Hatter. I haven't started this book yet, but I am ready to read it.
    So, these are all the books I have gotten this month. I will probably end up getting more because I am at the library almost every other week, but also my birthday is soon... *cough* two days... *cough* I am so happy I got to share these with you guys! If any of you guys have read any of these books, please tell me your opinions in the comments. I would love to know what you all thought of them. Anyways, I will see you all real soon. Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment